FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Inside the news] - Talking with blizzard...

<<

Android

A D M I N

Post 17 May 2010 15:50

[Inside the news] - Talking with blizzard...

Preso direttamente dal forum blizzard http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?to ... 0&pageNo=1

Last Developer Chat wrote:
Q: Last Dev Chat, Terran was behind in all 1v1 and 2v2 matchups. How do the racial matchup numbers look now? Any outlier matchups?
A: We have several tools to measure race balance. The simplest is the win loss by race, factored by leagues. In Platinum and Gold leagues the numbers look like this.

Terrans vs. Protoss 46% - 54%
Protoss vs. Zerg 51% - 49%
Terrans vs. Zerg 51% - 49%

I do not have the more interesting numbers that factor for player skill. The last time I saw these numbers Zerg were ahead of Protoss, Protoss were ahead of Terrans and Terrans and Zerg were fairly even.

Obviously there is a lot more work to be done and more beta time in front of us but we are very pleased with the current numbers.

Q: Are there any plans to allow creep to spill over the edge of cliffs?
A: We do not plan to have creep spread down cliffs. We like that there are some restrictions to creep movement.

Q: Do you think you will add any new units (or take any out) before release or is the current unit roster definite?
A: I doubt we will cut units but I expect that we will make some changes to current units. The Phoenix and Corruptor are currently being evaluated and may see some changes in the next few weeks.

Last Developer Chat wrote:Q. Do you plan to implement 3v3 and 4v4 match-ups at some point during the beta? If so, when?
A. We do intend to release 3v3 and 4v4 matchmaking in the beta around the middle of May. We will likely limit the number of maps because we still want players to primarily focus on 1v1 games to continue to help test balance.

Last Developer Chat wrote:Q: Do you plan on rework/rebalance of the Force Field ability or are you already satisfied with it.
A: We are never "happy" about anything in the game.=) We are always looking at everything and trying to see if it works or it is broken. We think Force Field is a fun ability that has a lot of great uses that introduces a ton of new strategy into the game. We worry that it might be a little powerful. We are looking at some nerfs to the Sentry to create a higher cost for Protoss players who choose to bring too many Sentrys to a fight.

We will continue to evaluate the ability as we do all abilities during the beta and beyond.

Inoltre stanno girando delle voci sempre da parte della blizzard che prossimamente sarà nerfato il forcefield, qualcosa di molto sostanzioso che non riguarda semplicemente il prezzo

The Mad Hatter:
"Have I Gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so, You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."
<<

Vlandmist

A D M I N

Post 17 May 2010 16:23

Re: [Inside the news] - Talking with blizzard...

peccato che non parlino delle chat.... vabeh ormai si è capito che non gliene frega niente delle chat

forcefield nerf... sono mesi che stiamo aspettando, al momento è semplicemente ridicolo, ne fai 30 e poi stormi tutto capirai che skill
Good Ol' Times

ThE)Rain wrote:Ora scusate ma il romano fancazzista e nulla facente deve farsi 300 km per lavoro, dopo che se ne è fatti 150 oggi... Di sicuro un padano ne farebbe 500 ma io essendo un porco posso permettermi solo questo.
<<

ThE)AlieN

Division Leader SC2
Division Leader SC2

Post 17 May 2010 20:00

Vlandmist wrote:forcefield nerf... sono mesi che stiamo aspettando, al momento è semplicemente ridicolo, ne fai 30 e poi stormi tutto capirai che skill

shhhh c'è Peppe in giro, se ti sente ti spella!
I ThE) non sono solo un clan, sono una filosofia, uno stile di vita... Ma soprattutto sono una famiglia... La mia famiglia.
<<

Android

A D M I N

Post 21 May 2010 11:37

Certo che potevano anche prevedere un unita tipo la mothership (single unit) per i terran e gli zerg, le altre razze sono sempre le più sfigate

The Mad Hatter:
"Have I Gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so, You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Return to .:: Starcraft 2 ::.