Art of Fleetcrashing

<<

M A F I A

A D M I N

Post 24 Jan 2007 02:26

Art of Fleetcrashing

[center]ART OF FLEETCRASHING

P R O B E _ & _ S M A S H[/center]

This is the easiest fleetcrashing's tecnique. Basically you probe a random planet, see an idle fleet, launch and kill taking advantage of the fact that the opponent's offline and can't fleetsave or react. This tactic requires absolutely no skill since anyone can hit a sitting duck fleet.

[center]Skills Needed:
Luck
Difficulty :
1/10
[/center]

[center]P H A L A N X _ H I T[/center]

This technique involves some basic skills into reading a phalanx report and doing some little math, basically thanks to the phalanx you see a 'dirty fleetsave' such as a transport/attack mission or a harvest mission from planet to DF, then you launch your fleet in such fashion that it lands few secs after his fleet, depending on your timing skills and on the opponent skills a phalanx can work out or the enemy can escape, in general success of a phalanx hit depends on two factors, your timing and wheter the target is or come online or not. Also, if the target is on a return trip and the timing is good, the guy can't escape, while if the target is on the deploy he can always recall last moment, become invisible and effectively save his ass.

1-3 seconds (No one can escape, not even God)
4-6 seconds (A very dedicated player might escape)
7-10 seconds (An experienced player will certainly escape it while a newbie won't usually manage)
10+ seconds (will work mostly if the target is offline)

[center]Skills Needed:
Basic Math
Difficulty :
5/10
[/center]

[center]N I N J A[/center]

This technique is effective on unsuspecting attackers, basically all you have to do is sit on your moon to avoid making activity and set your ships to return to your planet few seconds before the attacking fleet. At higher levels it involves probes dodging. If you work it out, the opponent will face more shiips than he espected and lose a battle that he thought he would have won.

[center]Skills Needed:
Patience, Probes Dodging
Difficulty:
6/10
[/center]

[center]R E V E R S E _ P H A L A N X[/center]

Despite the name you don't necessarily need a phalanx to play this one. So if you know the exact arrival time of an enemy fleet to whatever coordinates, and if you know the engine levels of the guy you might try a reverse phalanx, catching the enemy fleet on an unsavable return trip to his planet/moon. It involves also a bit of luck since you have to guess the % of the enemy fleet (even though most people launch at 100% by default).

[center]Skills Needed:
Again some Basic Math, A bit of luck to guess the %
Difficulty:
7/10
[/center]

[center]E A R L Y _ P H A L A N X
(Advanced Phalanx Technique)
[/center]

This is a little trick that you can do in some situation to confuse your enemy. you can do it in 2 situations: when you are trying to get a deploy, if you suppose your target is online, you can try to send your attack 3 seconds before the landing of his fleet: you just have to delay it with a probe in the last 1 minute to make your fleet arrive there exactly 3 seconds after him, as a normal phalanx maybe he will think that you have done a phalanx mistake and will not recall. you must be lucky anyway, because if your enemy refreshes the overview and see it, he will recall anyways. you can confuse him further more spying him 3 or 4 times in the last minute. Thanks to Vlandmist (that invented this technique) and to Friday (that mastered it).

[center]Skills Needed:
Luck, Basic ACS
Difficulty :
6/10
[/center]

[center]D E B R I S _ F I E L D _ W A T C H I N G[/center]

This technique you will see it only on well estabilished universes, with it you can basically try to catch an invisible fleetsave, such as from moon to DF. It works like this, you attack with 1 probe all the planets of your target's system creating a debris field everywhere since people tends to fleetsave in their own system to save deuterium, than you sit there all night and watch the DF with refreshing, as soon as you see one DF disappearing you know when the enemy fleet's on return trip, if you guess the % and if the guy didn't send any Decoy Recyclers before, you might be able to catch his fleet on its way back (Thanks to The Player for pointing out this one).

[center]Skills Needed:
Luck, Patience, Time, Math
Difficulty :
9/10
[/center]

[center]M O O N _ T R A S H[/center]

You can use this one if you are VERY rich, basically you smash the enemy moon from where the guy is fleetsaving from with several Deatstars, then you phalanx him and his returning fleet gets rerouted to the planet, then you launch a phalanx hit.

[center]Skills Needed:
Loads of Cash, Fearless Attitude
Difficulty :
10/10
[/center]
Note: Feel free to add up to the article.
Last edited by M A F I A on 24 Jan 2007 02:45, edited 4 times in total.
The King Can Do No Wrong.
Peppe dice che Blackberry fa schifo, e che Android fa schifo ma per anni...
Peppe è stato un felice possessore di Blackberry Torch 9800.
Peppe è stato un felice possessore di Samsung Galaxy S III.
<<

ThE)Player

250+

Post 24 Jan 2007 02:35

Re: Art of Fleetcrashing

ThE)MaFiA wrote:[center]P R O B E _ & _ S M A S H[/center]

This is the easiest fleetcrashing's tecnique. Basically you probe a random planet, see an idle fleet, launch and kill taking advantage of the fact that the opponent's offline and can't fleetsave or react.

Skills Needed: Luck
Difficulty : 1/10

I did close to 100 hits using this technique. It's simple and efficient. It requires probes, a good enough fleet and some n00bs around you.

I could probably add the DF watching, when you need 3 things: patience, basic math and some ridiculous amount of coffee to stay awake :P But it's somehow similar to the reverse phalanx and in 95% of the cases it works only if the defender isn't online.
Former Ogame Player | Over 400 hofs, at least 10 top10 hits and so on | None of those in u18

~Persephone~ says:
you're on 24/7 and know everything...
~Persephone~ says:
...are you god? XD
<<

GreenDay

100+

Post 24 Jan 2007 10:01

Nice one mafia :D

Makes me Have the urge to have a moon :(

BTW Did you leave uni 18??
<center>Image